Re: registration emergency contact
From: Kathi (kfreud2gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:54:20 -0700 (PDT)
I did not mean to "open up a can of worms," but your advice is very good. I
​did this many times when my kids were young & they traveled with friends & relatives. I frequently neglect to do this for myself
​& now I will do so​
. Thanks for the important reminder to us all!

As long as we are discussing "emergency contacts,"   make sure that the "contact person"  can act on your behalf by providing at least a notarized Medical  Power of Attorney naming that individual.  As an Ombudsman, I am always reminding folks who will be away from the rest of the family, to create one and give it to the named person and leave it  prominently displayed in case of emergency.

​Regards, Kathi Freudenheim​

--
Kathi Freudenheim, President JGSB (Jewish Genealogical Society of Buffalo)
Buffalo, NY, USA

Researching:
BARSKY, KRANTZ (Elizavetgrad,Russia; Philadelphia; other USA);
BRAUDE/BRODIE (Neustadt, Lithuania; Philadelphia);
FREUDENHEIM, GERTLER, KLINGHOFFER (Galicia;Philadelphia);
EICKSON/ISAACSON/ISAACSOHN/EZICKSON (Russian Empire; Lithuania; Philadelphia)
FRIEDMAN, FREIDMAN, FREEDMAN, CORSON (Philadelphia; NJ; NY)