Re: Kosher Shabbat Meals Friday, August 3rd & Friday, August 10th with the Nozyk Synagogue
From: robinnm (robinnmaol.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 22:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Billie,

The conference doesn't actually begin until Sunday and the IAJGS does not usually plan Shabbat at all other than arranging a Friday evening (kosher) meal... which is usually in the hotel, but in this case, we had requests to arrange it with the local community (and it's expensive to rent a hotel room for this dinner).

I will write to the Nozyk Synagogue about Shabbat lunch and email this again, but it really is outside the scope of the conference and so, no, the conference is not arranging anything on Saturday like walks.

The conference does not begin until Sunday.
All the best!

Robinn Magid
Berkeley, California
IAJGS 2018 Warsaw Conference Lead Co-Chair