Re: The IAJGS Conference Family Finder
From: L Lubin (l.lubinyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 09:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
When I registered, I entered the email address that I used in setting up my JewishGen account, just as directed in the paragraph quoted in the e-mail below

BUT when I checked my registration today, the paragraph had changed, and now read:

"To enable you to connect with other conference participants who may share your surname and/or shtetl, please enter below your JewishGen ID. Please do not enter your email address here. If you have forgotten your JewishGen ID, please go to the JewishGen.org login page and ask for the number to be resent.

I do not think the message below was a proper warning of that change, if that is what it was meant to be.
I am hoping, having changed the e-mail address to the JewishGen ID # that I will be able to use FamilyFinder.
Is that so?   If I had not done so, would I have been able to use FamilyFinder?
Was the message below sent to everyone, or was it actually just sent to those who needed to make a change?

I am sending to both Registration and the Discussion List, in the hopes everybody will be alerted in case e-mail entries there actually will not work - or reassurance can be given if e-mail entries there will still be fine.

Thanks!

Best,

Lois