Warsaw KehilaLink and IAJGS Conference
From: elirab (elirabiinet.net.au)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:31:25 -0700 (PDT)
I am pleased to advise that I have taken on the important project of creating
and running the Warsaw KehilaLink.

It is quite surprising that there has been no KehilaLink for Warsaw, once the
largest Jewish city in Europe and the second largest in the world after New
York.

Those interested in learning more about the importance KehilaLinks play in
connecting to one’s heritage, are encouraged to attend my second presentation,
titled:

Back From the Polish and Litvak Diaspora: Virtual Journeys That Connect Us To
Our Roots, on Thursday 9 August 4-5pm.

I will provide useful tips citing examples from the 85 KehilaLinks I write and
manage, including 36 in Lithuania, 8 Poland, 9 Belarus, 20 South Africa and
others in Latvia, Germany, Russia, Estonia, China, Africa and Australia.

I will also highlight other online resources such as Wordpress, Facebook,
Twitter and LinkedIn.

JewishGen KehilaLinks (formerly “ShtetLinks") is a project facilitating web
pages commemorating the places where Jews have lived.

Kehila  [Hebrew] n. (pl. kehilot): is used to refer to a Jewish community,
anywhere in the world.

KehilaLinks are hosted by JewishGen, the world’s largest Jewish genealogical
organisation. It has a user base of over 500,000 registered users worldwide.

I invite you to send in your stories, memories, photos and family biographies.

I am also presenting on the Partisans’ Song (Project), often associated with
the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, on Tuesday 7 August 4-5pm.
See:    http://elirab.me/iajgs-2018

Thanks and regards

Eli Rabinowitz
Perth, Australia