Maftir and Haftorah at the Nozyk Synagogue - Back From the Polish and Litvak Diaspora
From: elirab (elirabiinet.net.au)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 21:09:03 -0700 (PDT)
I am pleased to advise that for those of you arriving early in Warsaw, I will
be reciting / singing my barmitzvah Maftir and Haftorah at the Nozyk Synagogue
on 28 July - Shabbat Nachamu.

My barmitzvah was originally held on 14 August 1965 - 16 Av 5725 at the
Waverley Shul, Bramley in Johannesburg, South Africa.

This is significant milestone for our family both historically and
genealogically speaking. My zaida, Rev Nachum Mendel Rabinowitz, left Poland in
1905 for Jerusalem, and then in 1911 for South Africa. I have sung in shul
choirs in South Africa and Australia since 1960, but this will be the first
time since 1905 that the voice of one of our Rabinowitz family will be heard in
a shul in Poland! My zaida, my father and my uncle were all cantors.

So, we have returned, just as I will discuss in one of my presentations at
IAJGS:

Back From the Polish and Litvak Diaspora: Virtual Journeys That Connect Us To
Our Roots, on Thursday 9 August at 4-5pm.

Thanks and regards

Eli Rabinowitz
Perth, Australia
http://elirab.me