Bessarabia/Moldova at the Warsaw Conference
From: Jay Sage (JaySageFamily.org)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:32:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Jewish Genealogy Researchers,

I am glad that we have such a dedicated group of people who are coming to Warsaw.

I want to tell you more about Bessarabia SIG involvement in the conference.

We are inviting you to join us at the following events:

Sunday, August 5th

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm: ShareFair. Please stop by at the Bessarabia SIG table, find out where such places as Bessarabia and Moldova are, and ask your questions.

Monday, August 6th

9:15 am - 10:15 am: Moldovan Archives: What Information We Can Find in Addition to Vital Records and Revision Lists. You will find a lot about Jewish records in National Archive of Moldova, Kishinev.

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: JewishGen Bessarabia SIG Meeting. Learn what we did this year and what our plans are for the near future. Propose new projects, ideas.

6:00 pm: Bessarabia SIG informal Dinner at Kosher Delight (www.kosherdelightpoland.com/). We will have a nice meal and a great discussion.

Wednesday, August 8th

10:30 am - 11:30 am: Jewish Shtetl in Moldova Without Jews: How Can the Jewish Past Be Remembered? Our guest from Moldova, Serghei Daniliuc, and I will present. It is an interesting story about a place were Jews once lived, and now we are trying keep their memory alive.

2:45 pm - 3:45 pm: Jewish Cemeteries in Bessarabia/Moldova: Current Status and Future Projects. our guest from Moldova, Serghei Daniliuc, and I will present. Our cemeteries project is one of our most important, and we will present to you the status of the project, our plans and goals, and how you make this process better.

I am also offering to anyone interested a personal session (15-20 minutes). You can bring your questions; I will try to help you. Also please bring postcards or short letters that you may have that are written in Romanian. Our guest, Serghei Daniliuc, is offering help in translating them, and Serghei and I can help you with documents in Russian.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to schedule a personal session.

All the best,
Yefim Kogan
JewishGen Bessarabia SIG Leader and Coordinator

(Posted by Jay Sage for Yefim Kogan)

  • (no other messages in thread)