Gesher Galicia Activities at the Conference
From: SHELLEY K POLLERO (rkpollerocomcast.net)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 17:32:50 -0700 (PDT)
Gesher Galicia SIG announces several Galicia-focused programs on Sunday and Monday Aug. 5 & 6 at the Warsaw IAJGS 2018 Conference.

We invite all conference attendees interested in Galicia to attend.

SUNDAY, AUG. 5

9:45 - 10:45 am  Gesher Galicia Special Interest Group Meeting
We will give an update of our research projects and benefits of membership: The Galitzianer journal, the GG
Family Finder, Special Records. We will tell you about the Gesher Galicia website, the All Galicia
Database, the GG Map Room, and Archival Inventories.

3:00 - 5:00 pm  Share Fair
Come to the Gesher Galicia table to network with GG members and get information about Galicia
and/or for guidance for your research.

MONDAY, AUG. 6

8:00 - 9:00 am  Archival Resources for the Interwar Years in Western Ukraine.
Alexander and Natalie Dunai, speakers

9:15 - 10:15 am  Jewish Medical Globetrotters and Persevering Women. Andrew Zalewski, speaker.

2:45 - 3:45 pm  Galicia Basics: What Every Galitzianer Needs to Know
Shelley Pollero and Renee Steinig, speakers.

6:00 - 7:30 pm  JGSLA Pamela Weisberger Memorial Lecture.
Meet the Family: A Journey of 1,000 Years at POLIN Museum
Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett, speaker

OTHER GALICIA-FOCUSED TALKS:
We have prepared a sampling of other Galicia-focused talks throughout the week.
These are listed on page 4 of the Galicia Basics: What Every Galitzianer Needs to Know handout in the Conference App and on the Conference website.

GESHER GALICIA TEE SHIRTS:
Be sure to pack your Gesher Galicia tee shirt!  If you need to purchase one, you may order it NOW at
https://www.geshergalicia.org/merchandise/. Online credit card or PayPal payments ONLY!
Please order ASAP by Friday, July 27! Sorry for the late notice.

See you in Warsaw!

Shelley K. Pollero
for Gesher Galicia

  • (no other messages in thread)