Progressive/Reform/Conservative Synagogue Information
From: Robinn Magid (robinn.magidgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 07:48:08 -0700 (PDT)
I was contacted today by one of the liberal congregations in Warsaw. Here is what they said:

If some of the attendees are looking for a Progressive (reform/conservative friendly) family Synagogue for Friday evening (19:00 Kabbalat Shabbat followed by dinner) and or Shabbat morning (10:30 Shacharit followed by lunch), they can contact us on my email or on phone (+48) 601 22 55 88. Our address is Nowogrodzka 12/3 just behind the Novotel Hotel. We can also be reached via our website
www.beitcentrum.pl

I wrote back and asked about cost for dinner and whether it's kosher. Here's what they said:

About $20 (in any currency) for the Shabbat meal after Kabbalat Shabbat and Ma’aviv. A larger donation, as it is a Synagogue is always welcome. The service will be appreciated by both the Reform and Conservative.

Similar for Shacharit, either pay before Shabbat or put a contribution in the Tzedakah tin discretely. Anyone wishing to have an Aliyah (men and women), will be most welcome.

The meal is Kosher as defined by the Masorti in Israel. This is acceptable for the Reform and Conservative, that is 80% of Judaism. The kitchen is Dairy/Parve.

It will be good if people contacted me beforehand, so that we are not surprised. Best is by email as above or phone (+48) 601 22 55 88.

Regards

Joe

  • (no other messages in thread)