Taxis
From: Dan Oren (dorenaya.yale.edu)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 01:43:48 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Listserv Members:

Your dedicated moderator has asked me to post occasional “information” announcements to this group, so I am pleased to offer another one.

I've been asked a question about taxis, and will offer my experience here... Most taxis in Poland don’t take debit cards. And many don’t take credit cards, either. So, outside of the major airport pick-up points, arrive at the taxi prepared with cash. From Warsaw Chopin airport, people will have the best luck (and get the most honorable drivers) if they use SUPER, SAWA, or ELE which are the ones at the taxi stand. Show your credit card right away to the driver before getting in to be sure he (usually it's a he) will take it. (Avoid changing cash at the airport; rates there tend to be terrible.) Also, cashless Uber is available in both Warsaw and Krakow for those with smartphone access in Poland.

Sincerely,
Dan Oren,
Woodbridge, Connecticut USA

  • Taxis Dan Oren, March 22 2018