UPDATED: Gesher Galicia Activities at the Conference REVISED
From: SHELLEY K POLLERO (rkpollerocomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 03:41:56 -0700 (PDT)
With apologies to Mark Halpern, whose important talk on Galician Vital Records was inadvertently omitted from my list, here is my revised message.

Gesher Galicia SIG announces several Galicia-focused programs on Sunday and Monday Aug. 5 & 6 at the Warsaw IAJGS 2018 Conference.

We invite all conference attendees interested in Galicia to attend.

SUNDAY, AUG. 5

9:45 - 10:45 am  Gesher Galicia Special Interest Group Meeting
We will give an update of our research projects and benefits of membership: The Galitzianer journal, the GG
Family Finder, Special Records. We will tell you about the Gesher Galicia website, the All Galicia
Database, the GG Map Room, and Archival Inventories.

3:00 - 5:00 pm  Share Fair
Come to the Gesher Galicia table to network with GG members and get information about Galicia
and/or for guidance for your research.

MONDAY, AUG. 6

8:00 - 9:00 am  Archival Resources for the Interwar Years in Western Ukraine.
Alexander and Natalie Dunai, speakers

9:15 - 10:15 am  Jewish Medical Globetrotters and Persevering Women. Andrew Zalewski, speaker.

2:45 - 3:45 pm  Galicia Basics: What Every Galitzianer Needs to Know
Shelley Pollero and Renee Steinig, speakers.

4:00 - 5:00 pm  Researching Your Galitzianer Family: Working with Vital Records
Mark Halpern, speaker

6:00 - 7:30 pm  JGSLA Pamela Weisberger Memorial Lecture.
Meet the Family: A Journey of 1,000 Years at POLIN Museum
Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett, speaker

OTHER GALICIA-FOCUSED TALKS:
We have prepared a sampling of the many other Galicia-focused talks of interest to be given throughout the week.
These are listed on page 4 of the 'Galicia Basics: What Every Galitzianer Needs to Know' handout in the Conference App and on the Conference website.

GESHER GALICIA TEE SHIRTS:
Be sure to pack your Gesher Galicia tee shirt!

We are not bringing merchandise to Warsaw, but can mail if ordered ASAP by Friday, July 27. For info and to order/pay online, go to
https://www.geshergalicia.org/merchandise/. Online credit card or PayPal payments ONLY!   (NO checks at this time.)
Sorry for the late notice.

See you in Warsaw!

Shelley K. Pollero