Jewish Cemetery Indexing Panel
From: Dan Oren (dorenaya.yale.edu)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 03:26:22 -0700 (PDT)
I am pleased to invite all attending our conference in person (or via internet On Demand! access) to join me from 3:00 – 4:30 PM in the Lodz-Warsaw II room on Monday, August 6 for what should be an impactful panel on the topic of "Expert Report: What’s the Future of Jewish Cemetery Indexing in Poland, Ukraine, and Lithuania?”

Anyone interested in East European genealogy will not want to miss this one. One panelist is Witold Wrzosiński, co-founder and co-director of the Foundation for Documentation of Jewish Cemeteries in Poland. This organization has created and is now expanding a massive index to the individual surviving tombstones at Jewish cemeteries across Poland. Second will be Alex Denysenko, who has worked as a researcher and guide in research/teaching/touring programs, especially in Ukraine. These projects deal with the Jewish segment of Central European history to find documentation/material/oral evidence about Jewish residents and their heritage. The third panelist is Sandra Petrukonytė is the alumna of Vilnius University where she earned her master’s degree in Cultural Heritage Preservation. Prior to that, she studied the undergraduate course in Cultural History and Anthropology, focusing on Jewish culture and history in Lithuania. Sandra coordinates the non-profit “Litvak Cemetery Catalogue MACEVA,” organization that aims to document old Jewish cemeteries across Lithuania.

Dan Oren, MD

Woodbridge, CT USA

  • (no other messages in thread)