Re: POLIN Museum
From: Jay Sage (JaySageFamily.org)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 11:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
On 7/26/2018 2:17 PM, Russ Maurer wrote:
I respectfully disagree.​.. my experience is that there is not - and never was - ...  any complication using a credit card, regardless of PayPal.

I think that Robinn confused two problems. It is the Taube Tours site on which one cannot pay by credit card without filling out information for creating a PayPal account. Maybe that did not actually create a PayPal account, but many quit at that point (I certainly did, since I was just trying to prepare a help page for the website on how to make the payment).

POLIN has a different problem. When I purchased a membership, I filled out the form with all my information and was not then taken to a form for paying. I tried to figure out how to pay but gave up, figuring that I would just pay when I got there. A week or more later, I got a confirmation message from POLIN with a link to the page on which I could pay.

-- Jay

Jay Sage, Webmaster and List Moderator
IAJGS 2018 Conference, Warsaw, Poland
webmaster [at] iajgs2018.org