Re: Drinking Water, Airport Transportation, Debit Card Questions
From: Jan Meisels Allen (janmallenatt.net)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 20:17:43 -0700 (PDT)
Lois,

I can only add to the discussion on #3, # 4.

#3 The airport has a link that explains taxi fares and other modes of transportation from Chopin Airport to the hotels:

There is a fare finder from the Chopin Airport and you can put in the location you are going:
By putting the Westin Hotel it came up with an estimate fare of  36,03 zł
By putting in the Hilton Hotel it came up with an estimated fare of  33,07 zł
Fares are calculated by kilometer
The caveat they list is that fares may vary by company and some tolls and surcharges may apply--
Charges may also increase for traveling at night according to Trip Advisor:

#4 Several years ago I was in Germany and my husband used his ATM card without the chip, and the ATM machine  "ate" or "took"/.the card. --When we walked into several different banks they all said if your card does not have the chip the ATMs won't work and can't get the card back.  I would suggest before you leave asking your bank about the chip issue as they will know if your card will be "taken" by the machine if it does not have a chip.  Our current ATM card is chip enabled and our bank told us that is required in Europe--but again best to check with your own bank.
Jan Meisels Allen